Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

779 (Photographic images)

So, this isn't a post about cake (there'll be one this week yet, promise), but it is about my kitchen, or more specifically, about my refrigerator  Like many fridges, mine has collected a plethora of magnets, photos, save the dates, and other various pieces of paper. It looked something like this:

Before
Now it looks something like this:
After
After seeing this post from A Diamond in the Stuff on Pinterest, I thought I should try a fridge photo gallery of my own.

I went to the Dollar Store and bought 7 dollars worth of picture frames and a dollar worth of glue.

4x6 frames without glass and back
I removed the glass from the frames and the stands from the cardboard backer.

"Leg" removed from backer
 I then gave the picture frames a spray coat of plastic primer, and then a coat of spray paint.

Primer coat
Spray painted frames
Once the frames were dry, I put the glass back into the frames and mounted pictures. Once the pictures were firmly inside the frames, I glued magnets onto the backs of the picture frames.

Magnets added
I then put the pictures back on the fridge:

After
In my opinion, a THOUSAND times better - the frames look nice on the fridge and will make it easy for me to switch out photos when I want to put up new ones. Leaving a little bit of space blank let me rotate out new pictures of my nephew and other updates, such as new save the dates and appointment reminders.

No comments:

Post a Comment