Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

976.604 (Oklahoma, Territorial and early statehood periods, 1866-1907) The Musical

LaFollette High School is now in its second week of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma! and yours truly was the lighting designer. I love working with the musical crew that Pam hires and my favorite "musical spouse", Brian, showed up in the last few weeks of rehearsal to be a simply awesome human being and run spot light with a student and offer actors some direction. Brian and I went to college together and are both education majors - it's always nice to have a comrade for the musical process.

Photos are pulled from the Lafollete Event Photos Facebook Page and are taken by the lovely Jeneene Olson-McConley. These are just preview photos - I'm sure she'll have more up this week or next and her photos always make the yearbook for LaFollette, too. I'll be taking my camera tonight to capture some of the lighting looks that I created, but I always love Jeneene's photos.


Looking on as Ado Annie and Will smooch
Judd killing Curley in the dream sequence.
Will freezing as Aunt Eller shoots her gun.
The Farmer and the Cowman Should be FRIENDS
Laurey and Judd
Aunt Eller saying a word for the cowman.
I just love that THIS is in the show.
People will say we're in love... and they'd be right!
One more week of shows this week and then were finished... and hopefully I can be rid of all of the earworms that have festered in my head for the last 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment