Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

808.899283 (Adolescent Literature) - Introduction

I'm in an adolescent literature class this semester, which started with us reading about game literacy and the integration of multimedia into teen programming. We were given an assignment to build a video game level with Sploder, a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) builder that is entirely online and doesn't require any type of download. I am rather impressed with the platform overall, and was especially entertained when their introductory email was written as if a child had applied for the account; the email told the "parent" all about Sploder and included a link where they could see what "their child" was doing. I have to give the folks at Sploder props - they really wanted the parents to be involved.

The process of creating a level was entertaining and interesting, and I think that most of us in the class had a whole lot of fun. My level is playable below or at this link if you don't like the embedded play (I don't, personally).

Frozen Planet
Play Game

Make a Free Flash Game

I'm going to be doing quite a few blog posts for this class. The posts will have with similar post titles, with each post getting a new chapter heading, or, where I can, the detailed Dewey number for specific types of adolescent lit. There will be quite a few book reviews (we're expected to read 2 or 3 books a week), as well as more multimedia projects. I'm excited to see where the class takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment