Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

371.2912 (School completion) - Part the Last

A quick update...

So, I graduated! Whoo hoo! It's over and done. So why haven't there been more posts? Well, my husband and I bought a house the same week in which I graduated and I've been moving things, painting things, fixing things, and generally taking care of things for the last few weeks. I JUST unpacked my computer on Thursday night. It's been a wild ride. Things are starting to settle again, so I'm coming back to do a quick post about graduation.

No worries - I'll finish the Adolescent Lit posts over the course of the summer along with my most recent reads as well. House updates will happen here, too, as soon as things are "finished" and all unpacked. Yes, we're still unpacking. We just finished the bathroom today. We have a lot more to go.

As for graduation? It went smoothly... and I conquered my nerves to sing a little ditty in front of everyone. Yes, I sang for graduation. The ditty is below, as is a picture of me singing it. That's really it for this post. Let it be known that more updates should happen over the course of this week and next, but not a lot. We're hosting a party on the 21st. Eek!

My Library Things
(to the tune of "My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music)

Metadata, cardigans, and people in glasses,
Hot tea and coffee through all of my classes,
In Allison's classroom, everyone sings,
These are a few of my library things.

Dorothea taught me it's cool to be geeky,
Rebekah's reading lists never left me sleepy,
Rubel, Smith, and Senchyne's theory left me spinning in rings,
These are a few of my library things.

When RDA seems far too tricky
and Drupal has me sad,
I simply remember my library things,
and then I don't feel so bad. 

Photo courtesy of  UW-Madison SLIS (via Facebook)

No comments:

Post a Comment