Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

641.3513 (Carrots)

So the post isn't really about carrots, but carrot cake (with cream cheese frosting, of course). I'm sorry about the bad photography that follows - it was night and I was using my phone camera.



The above photos are of my first attempt at a sheet-style cake (12x18), which I made for a retirement party at my husband's workplace. He didn't have a design in mind, nor did his supervisor (who requested the cake), so they got something simple with a little bit of "whimsy". Anything 'white' on the cake is cream cheese frosting; anything colored is a simple buttercream - I wasn't sure how well cream cheese frosting would pipe or hold up.

Next time, I'll make more batter for a taller cake or stack two on top of each other. This time? It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment